When I had small kids I always tried to give their teachers a gift at the end of the year to show appreciation for all their hard work & dedication. I gave canning jars filled with this dry Herb Rice mixture one year. It was such a hit that it became a tradition the teachers looked forward to. When the last Sparks kid graduated from elementary school, the teachers sent me a note on school letterhead asking for the recipe. That still makes me laugh!
Teacher Rice Mix
1 cup uncooked white rice (not minute rice!)
2 Tbl beef boullion granules
1 tsp dried onion flakes
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp thyme
Mix all ingredients and pour into a jelly sized canning jar. Add a ribbon and a label with instructions:
Boil 2 cups water in a saucepan, add mix and 1/2 tbl butter. Cover & cook 15-20 mins until rice is tender.
Makes four 1/2 cup servings
No comments:
Post a Comment