Sunday, February 14, 2021

Instapot Beef Stroganoff



I have to confess - I bought the Instant Pot Miracle Healthy Cookbook for someone as a Christmas gift but kept it for myself. I really have found some delightful and tasty recipes in there but can't help tweaking them a bit for my own taste. I purchased a two pound beef shoulder on sale the other day and wasn't quite sure how to use it - it appears to be the cousin of the chuck roast but I wanted to do something different then a pot roast with it. Usually, when I make stroganoff, I use a top round and cube it myself. So, I thought, why not try this cut. It worked out beautifully and dinner was on the table in less then 45 minutes, even with the waiting for the machine to get to full pressure! A wonderful weeknight meal that tastes like it had a long, slow roast in the oven. Tender, delicious and fast!

 Instapot Beef Stroganoff

Two teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoons tomato paste
2 pounds of beef, cubed with most of the fat removed
1 8 oz package of button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
I tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Montreal Steak seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
l teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons corn starch
Buttered egg noodles for serving
2 tablespoons chopped parsley


1. Select SAUTÉ/High on the Instant Pot. When the pot is hot, add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently,1 to 2 minutes. Add in tomato paste and saute 1 minute.
2. Add the beef, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, Montreal Steak seasoning, garlic powder, pepper,and broth.
3. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select MANUAL and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 20 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes
then release any remaining pressure.
4. Select SAUTE/Normal on the pot. Mix the corn starch with the sour cream and stir into the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until mixture has thickened slightly.
5. Serve over buttered egg noodles and garnish with parsley.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pecan -Chocolate Chip Oat Biscotti

Pecan -Chocolate Chip Oat Biscotti  Okay, raise your hand if you knew that biscotti is a plural noun and that the singular is biscotto. You’...