Tonight I'm cooking dinner in our boat galley, and that means I need to make something simple & delicious, using as few dishes as possible, with no leftovers. The website https://bakingmischief.com has a nice series of recipes scaled for 2 people that are reliably good, and many have made it into our rotation of boat food.
I didn't feel like turning on the oven (yeah, I was THAT lazy!) So I sliced the chicken breast into 3 cutlets, browned one side in olive oil on a small cast iron skillet, flopped 'em over and loaded the top with sliced onions, the spices, garlic, crumbled bacon, feta cheese and lemon slices. It cooked covered for maybe 5 minutes and till it was done & delicious. Along side we had Italian beans and fresh hot flatbread.
Next time I might throw in some sun dried tomatoes, capers (and some thinly sliced red bell pepper.
Bacon and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast For 2
Original Source: Bakingmischief.com
Sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Stuffed Chicken
2 small (8oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup (30z) crumbled feta cheese garlic and herb preferred, divided
4 slices cooked bacon crumbled or chopped, divided
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a medium baking dish (large enough to fit two chicken
breasts).
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Butterfly chicken breasts and place them in your prepared baking dish. Fill each breast with (about) 1 ounce of the feta mixture and 1/3 of the bacon (if doubling the recipe, divide 2/3 of the bacon between the chicken breasts). Close breasts. Sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon over top. Pour olive oil mixture over the breasts and bake for 25 to 35 minutes (longer for very large breasts), until an instant-
read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 160 to 165°F.
Allow to rest for five minutes before serving. Spoon leftover drippings in the pan over rice and veggies por serve with orzo, and enjoy!
Yum! Tonight was chicken night and I just happened to have all the ingredients. Fixed it in the oven as a sheet pan recipe along with roasted cauliflower.
ReplyDelete