Sunday, March 14, 2021

Crock Pot French Dip

My daughter makes this recipe when the extended family descends on her house for holidays. It reminds me of the French Dip sandwiches I used to have in St Louis when I went shopping with my parents. The restaurant had the long old fashioned counters with high swivel stools to sit on, and I enjoyed swinging my feet feeling like I was very tall.  After we ate, my dad would order me a hot fudge sundae.  Oh, those were the days!

Making the sandwich couldn't be any easier- drop everything in a crock pot or instant pot and cook until the meat is tender enough to fall apart.  Serve it on some toasted hoagie rolls with melty provolone, swiss or cheddar, some hot pepper relish and a small smear of mayo.  Add some chips, a green salad and/or baked beans and dinner is ready.

Crock Pot French Dip
3 lb beef roast
2 cloves Garlic
Onions, large
2 cups Beef broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper

Hoagie buns, toasted
Provolone, swiss or cheddar cheese
Mayo
Hot red pepper relish (Wickles brand is my favorite)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pecan -Chocolate Chip Oat Biscotti

Pecan -Chocolate Chip Oat Biscotti  Okay, raise your hand if you knew that biscotti is a plural noun and that the singular is biscotto. You’...