Monday, January 4, 2021

Warm Pizza Dip


After I was married, I began to bring appetizers to whatever family event we were invited to. As the years went by, the challenge became to be inventive and not repeat what I had done before. That is, until I brought this delicious and fun dip. It became my go to appetizer to bring to a family gathering - super simple and full of flavor. Make it your own by changing up the toppings - cooked sausage, fennel, tomatoes, the possibilities are endless! 

I had the opportuntity to take a picture before it went into the oven, but not one after as it was attacked and devoured when it was done. I usually present it on a pizza tray or peel with crackers all around. Sooo good!

Warm Pizza Dip

1 8 oz package softened cream cheese

8 oz pizza sauce, either canned or homemade

1/2 minced white onion

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

pinch of red pepper flakes

8 oz of Italian blend cheeses or plain mozzarella

sliced black olives

sliced pepperoni

sliced or diced green peppers


1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Spread softened cream cheese on bottom of pie plate.

3. Spread pizza sauce on top of cream cheese.

4. Sprinkle with onion and 1/2 of the Italian seasoning, garlic salt and red pepper flakes.

5. Sprinkle cheese on top and arrange these toppings or your favorite pizza toppings on top of cheese.

6. Sprinkle rest of Italian seasoning on top and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.


Serve with Triscuits or your favorite cracker.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pecan -Chocolate Chip Oat Biscotti

Pecan -Chocolate Chip Oat Biscotti  Okay, raise your hand if you knew that biscotti is a plural noun and that the singular is biscotto. You’...